Jump to content
Mantidforum
Sign in to follow this  
  • entry
    1
  • comments
    6
  • views
    62

First ever breeding - Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii - Spiny Flower

Today I tried to breed Humble & Humor and wow it was an epic fail. Thank goodness for @MantisGirl13 walking me through the process. Sadly there was no connection so at this point still no babies so we will try again tomorrow. Poor Humble was almost eaten several times smh so that was an adrenaline rush, he really tried but the female wasn't having it. So today I learned you need to have a lot of patience for the breeding aspect of this hobby and not to get so attached to the males :( Thankfully Humble is alive and well but I'm a bit worried about tomorrows try. I will never be able to leave them alone!!



6 Comments


Recommended Comments

I guess your female found it 'Humorous' to reject the male! I hope you have success tomorrow.

- MantisGirl13

 

Share this comment


Link to comment

I haven't started yet. 

If I get one of my two male orchids to connect, I have reached my goal 100 percent.

The mega is tricky with one male. He looks bigger than her, so there's something. 👍

Best of luck tomorrow. 😊

Share this comment


Link to comment
29 minutes ago, MantisGirl13 said:

I guess your female found it 'Humorous' to reject the male! I hope you have success tomorrow.

- MantisGirl13

 

LOL LOL thank you!!

Share this comment


Link to comment
9 minutes ago, hysteresis said:

I haven't started yet. 

If I get one of my two male orchids to connect, I have reached my goal 100 percent.

The mega is tricky with one male. He looks bigger than her, so there's something. 👍

Best of luck tomorrow. 😊

Let me know how it goes, I would love to breed orchids someday :) 

Share this comment


Link to comment
32 minutes ago, Granny's Mantis Mayhem said:

Let me know how it goes, I would love to breed orchids someday :) 

Me too! I'll be breeding mine in a few weeks!

- MantisGirl13

Share this comment


Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×