My new insect site

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Liang

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm not a very active member here due to the fact I only occasionally keep mantids (wild-caught ones) but I thought I'd make a post today since my brother an I have started our own insect site. We mainly raise lepidoptera, but there is (going to be) some mantis stuff on there. Right now it is still under construction, but it would be nice if we could get some feedback about it so far. Thanks -Brian.

Liang Insects: Blogs Guides, and Livestock: http://www.lianginsects.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, since there are so many experienced sellers here - can you give us some tips on shipping livestock, shipping methods, shipping to countries outside of the US, costs, etc.? This is the first time we are selling our insects and we don't really know what to expect. Thanks.

By the way, since there are so many experienced sellers here - can you give us some tips on shipping livestock, shipping methods, shipping to countries outside of the US, costs, etc.? This is the first time we are selling our insects and we don't really know what to expect. Thanks.

check that article out if you already haven't!

check that article out if you already haven't!
Thanks. Very good article. Feel kind of stupid for not seeing it in the stickies. That makes me a lot more confident since I am planning on selling some Mediterranean Katydids (phaneroptera nana) hehe . . . :)

Thank you. SEO hasn't been very nice so far (only 38 clicks from google search in the last 18 days  :unsure: ) but its great to know the the site is getting at least a few views. 

It is okay....I imagine thatthese things take time! Be patient, and if you are active in the community, you can get yourself out there, and it will drive more people to your site. ;)  

nice website but where are you guys located? i thought people couldnt take wild monarch butterflies 

Last edited by a moderator:
What a fantastic website! I read your article on determining site preference for swallowtail pupation, and was really impressed with your scientific method, your clear and concise writing, and the care you took to design an excellent experiment. I'm having a hard time believing you're both in high school! What are you future plans? Grad school for entomology?