Mantis Packages Unboxing Videos

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starving Always

Reaction score
Correct me if Im wrong to post here of if i am not allowed to do this.

I have never thought about it and it was just one of those random stuff goin on my curious mind haha. But... wouldn't it be cool to see mantis package opening videos on Youtube??

Here is probably the only video I could find:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Starving Always As the post is about mantids and unboxing, I put it in the General section where the box packing thread and others are - but depending on the point of the post it may need moved elsewhere as promotion/advertising/related belong in the classifieds section only.

I've seen a few videos of unboxing, usually tarantulas or beetles, as you pointed out mantids are rather uncommon. I guess the idea behind your post though is free seller promotion from videos mentioning their site primarily. Of course it could possibly get others interested in the hobby that stumble across a such video. If though you are looking for free mantids to make promotion videos for them, that belongs in the classifieds.

Although for those "people have made it big" I'm not sure what your saying. "Big" in regards to YouTube viewers, Facebook subscribers, or what exactly?

I know member Precarious obviously as he is a active member and has been for years, and his video/photography work is very well known. :D

For Moonlight Mantids (aka Serpentarium Surplus aka Kevin Young) I only know of him as he got infamous for some voicemail...

The others you mentioned I do not, so I assume they are only on the Facebook groups, or YouTube. A couple of those names do have a MF account, but all are newer accounts from 2012 to last year 2015 - and all are well under 100 posts each and not been online for at least a year. So if they were around since the "early times of the community" it must be Facebook or YouTube's community. ;)

Just throwing some of it "out there" to see what this topic thread is really about as it could go in several directions.

She is too hard to look at! She reminds me of a doll.

I can listen to her video though..

Last edited by a moderator:
@Starving Always As the post is about mantids and unboxing, I put it in the General section where the box packing thread and others are - but depending on the point of the post it may need moved elsewhere as promotion/advertising/related belong in the classifieds section only.

I've seen a few videos of unboxing, usually tarantulas or beetles, as you pointed out mantids are rather uncommon. I guess the idea behind your post though is free seller promotion from videos mentioning their site primarily. Of course it could possibly get others interested in the hobby that stumble across a such video. If though you are looking for free mantids to make promotion videos for them, that belongs in the classifieds.

Although for those "people have made it big" I'm not sure what your saying. "Big" in regards to YouTube viewers, Facebook subscribers, or what exactly?

I know member Precarious obviously as he is a active member and has been for years, and his video/photography work is very well known. :D

For Moonlight Mantids (aka Serpentarium Surplus aka Kevin Young) I only know of him as he got infamous for some voicemail...

The others you mentioned I do not, so I assume they are only on the Facebook groups, or YouTube. A couple of those names do have a MF account, but all are newer accounts from 2012 to last year 2015 - and all are well under 100 posts each and not been online for at least a year. So if they were around since the "early times of the community" it must be Facebook or YouTube's community. ;)

Just throwing some of it "out there" to see what this topic thread is really about as it could go in several directions.
Yes, thanks for doing that Cosby.

No no no, I do not want free mantis to promote for any shop at all. I don't even have any videos on my channel LOOOL. Unboxing videos could be used by anyone for promotion to anyone's store or sales. 

By "big" I mainly meant views and Youtube subscribers (I like to replace numbers with popularity and fame), but also content and deliverance. 

Yes the other people are famous on YouTube.

Yes, thanks for doing that Cosby.

No no no, I do not want free mantis to promote for any shop at all. I don't even have any videos on my channel LOOOL. Unboxing videos could be used by anyone for promotion to anyone's store or sales. 

By "big" I mainly meant views and Youtube subscribers (I like to replace numbers with popularity and fame), but also content and deliverance. 

Yes the other people are famous on YouTube.
Ah okay, just wanted to make sure the thread is what it seems and not some underlining use to other things (often the case lately). :)

She is too hard to look at! She reminds me of a doll.

I can listen to her video though..
Yeah she does remind me of a Barbie doll. :)

Too bad what she says is wrong though, such as the habitat minimum size requirements is based off the width of the mantis (it is their length in all cases) and other things - after a few minutes I heard enough. Sadly if you truly listened and applied the information as she said, molting problems would be rampant.

After watching the orcid mantis unboxing I want one. Why does usda have to ruin the hobby :( I would love to have a few.

Ah okay, just wanted to make sure the thread is what it seems and not some underlining use to other things (often the case lately). :)

Yeah she does remind me of a Barbie doll. :)

Too bad what she says is wrong though, such as the habitat minimum size requirements is based off the width of the mantis (it is their length in all cases) and other things - after a few minutes I heard enough. Sadly if you truly listened and applied the information as she said, molting problems would be rampant.
HAAHAH yeah she said width…

Latest posts