health

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Logan_123

Reaction score
Is it ok to get dead leaves from outside and wash them well with hot water and put it in there enclosure?

Hmm, maybe someone can give you a better answer but I've been advised not to do that. Some people will gather sticks and bake them to kill off any unwanted things but I'm not sure how that would work with dead leaves. Sorry, I just personally don't like using outside foliage, maybe someone else can help with this. 

@Logan_123 I go to a place called Kirklands I think, they have fake flowers and sticks and it's really cheap. You can probably walk into any store that looks like a home decoration store and they'll have lots of different things to fill a vase with. Or go to a thrift store and they'll usually have fake arrangements, just wash with warm soapy water. 

And be sure to rinse off the soapy water REAL WELL. 

Speaking of twigs, noticed today what I thought was dead is putting out a bit of growth at a branching. Surprise, surprise. At least the humidity and temp in the habitat is good for the  growing twig.    :blink:

I live in horse and beef cattle country. Talking with neighbors  no one uses pesticides much. But am still careful with what I use. Leaves off a tree maybe after very close inspection and warm water bath. Not sure about dead leaves on the ground. Pick a leaf and drying it is another matter.

Forgetting about what type mantis, what size and shape habitat we talking about?  16-32 oz habitat might not be a good idea. How are you going to clean it? The uneaten parts of feeders needs to be gotten rid of as does the mantis addition to the mess.

Latest posts