Mantis inspired artwork

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jgod

Reaction score
This forum is full of talented folks with all kinds of cool interests and hobbies besides mantis. I thought I'd share a couple of my most recent mantis inspired paintings. All of my artwork is improvised with very little reference. Mostly from imagination. Both of these are 11x14 acrylics on wood panel. Please feel free to share examples of anything you've done inspired by mantis. Hope you enjoy! :)

urGBFeg.jpg
LFi3tTb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! I've got some artwork of my own as well, I've been debating whether or not to share it here. It's all mantis related too, haha. 

Awesome stuff! Wish I had some artistic talent. Although I can draw a wicked stick figure.  ^_^

I know that face, it is the one jeff durham uses for the dead muslim, can't member his name,..... wait for it,,,, wait for it.... I kill you!

Achmed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, these are awesome! I like the second one best; all the vibrant colors and the way lines are formed makes it look almost like it's made out of clay. You definitely pulled off that "surreal" feeling, too!

Unfortunately, my "artistic" skills are limited to representations of animals. I fuss too much over anatomy for it to be really artistic, but at least I can do a pretty good dromaeosaur!

Latest posts