Is USAMANTIS good to buy from?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Accordionme

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with USAMANTIS? Are they good to buy from. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

usamantis.com is owned by Yen Saw, usmantis.com is owned by Craig Baker. Very confusing, but please look up any reviews before buying from anyone. ?

I ordered orchids from him, and was able to get them shipped well packaged and healthy.

While he'll answer emails, he's not super communicative and can take a while. That makes some people a little nervous, but like everything in this kind of trade, it's all on the honor system and you just have to trust people.

Had a bad experience with usmantis. Wouldnt recommend them, pm if you want details.

This post has some recent experiences from some people, more recently I agreed with someone else's Facebook comment on one of his post who had a hard time getting in contact with him.  He tried to claim I had made the order then cancelled it two or three days later so March 8th-11th.  I pointed out I have the email confirmations that showed my order being confirmed on February 8th and maybe he got his months confused.  He posted a picture showing the March cancellation order with a arbitrary date referencing March 8th on there.  In view but slightly cropped you can see where my order number is and shows Feb 8th, which I pointed out.  After that message he deleted the entire post.

I was one of the ones posting on the "Getting Impatient" thread as well.   I too got nervous after a month of no replies and sent a request to PayPal for a refund. Paypal went thru their process of contacting the vendor and after 10 days, PayPal emailed me back stating that they have sided on my behalf and refunded me the full amount.  Later that evening (after I got my refund) I finally got an email from USMantis stating that they had shipped my order.  A week later I did get my 2 Orchid Mantids (packed very well).

I emailed USMantis back and told them what happened and was willing to pay for the mantids.  I did get an email back, and was told to send what I felt was fair.  Now I am waiting for a confirmation on a good email address to send the money thru via PayPal (since I probably shouldn't send money back to the same email payment that I got my refund from....PayPal would probably question that).

Long story short.....I did get my Mantids in about a month and a half.

Dont buy from him. He is in business with exo, aka bartek. They dont deserve your money. He kept my money too and sent nothing. Both should not be allowed to sell here.

Dont buy from him. He is in business with exo, aka bartek. They dont deserve your money. He kept my money too and sent nothing. Both should not be allowed to sell here.
I am curious, now. Exo owns Exo-Factory, right? I was intending on buying Mantids from there, but would like to know more about “Bartek.” Is he a scammer?

I am curious, now. Exo owns Exo-Factory, right? I was intending on buying Mantids from there, but would like to know more about “Bartek.” Is he a scammer?
This discussion post is about USMantis.com (aka Craig Baker) so I assume you are referring to buying mantids from there. As US members buying mantids from overseas is highly illegal, and is not allowed on this forum and will be removed. From the breeder feedback rules, "US Import of livestock without permits is not condoned by this forum. ... You put yourself and the entire hobby at risk when you import illegally. Warning points may be issued for repeat offenders."

Regarding Bartek lookup the entire name Bartek Rhayu on Google, and you'll find all you need (photos/details/etc).

@CosbyArt Okay, just making sure. I thought maybe Exo-Factory was in the U.S., but I guess it is in Germany? I was confused as I had seen some US-based reviews in Breeder feedback. Also, I wouldn’t want to order from Craig Baker either if he’s involved with that.

Thanks for the info, looked it up. Interesting stories.

Sorry!

@CosbyArt Okay, just making sure. I thought maybe Exo-Factory was in the U.S., but I guess it is in Germany? I was confused as I had seen some US-based reviews in Breeder feedback. Also, I wouldn’t want to order from Craig Baker either if he’s involved with that.

Thanks for the info, looked it up. Interesting stories.

Sorry!
Exo is in Europe for sure, if it is Germany though I am not certain (as some feedback say it was shipped from Poland). Any US member related feedback was left before the strict policy was enforced. I did look over the feedback page and found a few that were not US members waiting to be approved, so they were added.

Where USMantis/Craig Baker gets his mantids I do not know, and as it is handled outside the forum is not my concern as a moderator here; although, as a hobbyist I've heard various unconfirmed things. So I would say look at his feedback and decide for yourself, and I won't add to the gossip.

Your fine. :) I just wanted to be sure a warning on US importing was given before things got out of hand, and moderation actions were necessary.

Dont do it! Exo is Bartek who was removed from this forum. He Is still a scammer and lives in Poland! He says Germany, but that is not true.

USmantis is not a good seller  There are many complaints about him not sending orders. He is good friends with exo. Dont!

Look at the feedback. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts