I made a new mantis video, this time on how I use mason jars for habitats

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thrillhouse

Reaction score
Let me know what you guys think, and how you feel about the way I keep my mantis. I've only been doing it for a year or so, so I'm sure there's still a whole lot I don't know.

Oh man, I do like this method a lot and have thought about doing it before. The thing that gives me pause is that glass is very heavy and unwieldy, especially if you ever have to transport it. I've been leaning more towards using some clear acrylic storage boxes measuring 4" x 4" x 6" but it does take more work since you have to drill holes through the acrylic for ventilation. Very well-made video though!

nice thought, no offense please, but a glass jar is worse than a plastic deli cup. it holds all the moisture and no way to

move around. Please no offense ment. I do not even recommend the deli cups a lot of people use as they have no room

to move around and are stuck in one area. I rarely ever use them to hold a mantis unless it needs to be isolated for it's

own good while molting or injured. As stated, nice video.