Farewell

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serle

Reaction score
My longest living from the old generation Tenodera ''Grabber'' faded away yesterday.  He had a rough life and was quite the survivor , having only one good rear leg he slipp;ed and had a mismoult into adult-hood screwing up his wings. He also was missing a front raptor from around L4 which made living considerably more challenging.  ..........  S

IMG_0181.JPG

I imagine Grabber required more time to feed properly, like some I had especially my ghost Bandit, so it is easier to get more attached to them. Grabber surviving to old age with one raptor arm shows he was well taken care of, and kept fighting to survive. I would venture a guess he liked interaction with you as well, as he likely got attached to you too from the time spent and feedings - even if he didn't realize it at human relatable level (I think they do better than we give them credit for though).

I've only seen one mantid with a missing raptor arm (where the break healed from a previous molt) in the wild from the many hundreds of mantids I've collected or interacted with. So it is a health problem that appears to be fatal to nearly all mantids without a caring person feeding them.

I'm glad you both a special relationship, enjoyed your time together, and I'm sorry to hear he passed.

I'm sorry for your loss.  As CosbyArt said, I'm sure you had a special relationship because of the extra time spent together.

@Serle  Just remember -- he's now in the Land of Crickets and Honey.  His wings are straight and he flies like an F 16. :angel:

Serle, so sorry to hear about Grabber. You're among friends that know how you feel. 

Denise 

Latest posts