What species should I get next?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Logan_123

Reaction score
I have Chinese and ghost mantids. They are all adults so what's species should I get next? I really want to get some giant shield mantids. What others should I get?

I agree with @MantisRCool, all type of shield mantises are great :)  they can get a bit expensive, though, so if you need a less expensive option, Indian Flowers are great and so are spiny flowers (but they require a bit more care). Also, giant budwings (p. agrionina) are super great. Best of luck!

I have Chinese and ghosts too, and I've been thinking about my next species as well.  I'm not ready yet as the ghosts are still nymphs and I'm trying to keep my overall numbers under control haha, but I am considering giant shields.  Others on my list are Indian flowers and dead leaf mantids.  So many options!

Gotta say I love my orchid. They are not cheap but I feel they are worth it. Mine acts so much differently then all my other mantis. I know many people are scared off from this speices because they are said to be difficult to keep. I honestly have had no problems with mine, I've had it for almost 2 sheds and she is eating and behaving completely fine. But maybe they get harder to keep later. Who knows, hopefully not haha, but if she does, still totally worth it

Latest posts