Turning a brown ghost into a greeen

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With ghost mantises, will their color continue to fluctuate in response to humidity, or is it set shortly after molting and stays the same until the next molt, or permanently if its their final molt?  

Cool!  I'm thinking of breeding my ghosts, and if I manage to get some fertile ooths, I'll try to raise a rainbow generation of babies!

Wait, is this confirmed? For some reason I can't find a definitive answer to whether or not you can reliably turn your ghosts green. 

@hymenopus Has your mantis molted to L7 yet?  I was wondering if the green continued in the next molt or not.  My L7 ghost that molted last week gained some green similar to yours, although not quite as much I don't think.  Somehow I didn't notice at first; I noticed she had an unusual hue, but it seemed more like a grey mixed into the brown.  Last night, I realized it's actually green.  Not sure if I just didn't look at her close enough or in good enough lighting, or if she settled into the green over the course of the week...

Anyway, I was just curious how yours is looking, if it has molted.  Now that I noticed the green in mine, I am excited to see what happens in her adult molt.

Wait, is this confirmed? For some reason I can't find a definitive answer to whether or not you can reliably turn your ghosts green. 
It happens, not always but sometimes, my brown and black ones have also gotten a greenish color, and will probably be green entirely by L7.

Wow awesome! I'm really hoping one of my girls go green. You got a picture?

Latest posts