Guarantees with shipping

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantis101

Reaction score
Would love some opinions as I have sent out a large amount of mantids this month with no loss even packages hung up from hurricane I have one person prior to hurricane no names mentioned that claimed full loss on express i failed to ask for photos but I know the species and immthe only person in the USA whom had them my husband packs well we care for them as any other pet well we replaced the entire order after hurricane when it was safe and yet person claimed 2 were possibly dead then it was just 1 yet this person was selling them we found out from about 30 people knowing we are the only ones with , how sell when you don't have , possibly all made it with no loss because I never asked for proof ! It upsets me that so many went out even lost a few days due to hurricane amd no loss this was sent again over night and not only that I bring them right before they close and it was guaranteed by noon not 3 pm ? I'd love opinions as the person wants a refund on a portion of the second shipment when 4 others went out and again all were fine they sent pics but they are. It clear by all means ! You can pm with suggestions as I have been doing this my entire life but I myself have never sold in here 

thanks D

You might be getting reverse scammed.....you did your part for sure! Next time definitely request clear photo proof of DOA before considering anything though. PM me though

My opinion is that if you ship live animals the buyer should receive live animals.  In general I will not buy from sellers with a TOS that says they will not be responsible for losses due to carrier error etc.

I know that is not the issue here I just wanted to state that up front.  In this case,  while you may indeed be getting scammed, I don't think you have a choice since you didn't ask for proof.  If you offer live arrival and you don't ask for proof of DOAs you are pretty much stuck if the buyer claims some or all didnt arrive alive.  It sucks but it's the nature of the live animal trade.

I do live in an area where insects can very much arrive DOA or so compromised they will be dead in a couple days. People really underestimate the humidity/heat where I live and packaging that might work elsewhere doesn't always work here. I've noticed however even though most sellers/sites state you will need proof of photos, I've never had a single one actually ask me for proof on the couple occasions I've had problems. I think a lot of sellers want to believe their customers and put forth good will so even if there is an issue they have repeat customers down the line. As a legit buyer there is nothing quite as depressing as opening a package to find the animal you have ordered has died in transit. With mantises I've noticed a lot of sellers will add in one to a few extras (depending on the number ordered) so if there is a loss the sale is already covered. I wouldn't beat yourself up for the first shipment but I would definitely ask for proof on this second order. If you think scamming is involved I would also blacklist the person from buying from you again.

Everyone -  Dealing with nature (animals) and human nature (people) has been a challenge since the dawn of time . No set rules work here seems that we hear stories of disputes that can be sided with either argument . I have tried to give customers , employees and sellers due respect  this usually  works as you know yourself . I have been scammed at times and always feel betrayed , this said I have a clear conscience ........... S