Reaction to being pinched

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MantidBro

Reaction score
http://mantidforum.net/forums/index.php?app=galleryℑ=5572

I was feeding all my mantids maggots and my Tenodera sinensis adult female Cheech accidentally pinched me instead, and it hurt more than usual, it pierced through my skin, its never before gone all the way through. Pretty impressive lol. But anyways it swelled up and got itchy and began to sting, look at the reaction i had. has anyone ever had a reaction like that when pinched by their mantid? It felt kind of like a bee sting. Its still swollen to this moment. Maybe she got maggotty gutness in my finger. I kind of want to laugh because im so impressed that she was able to do this to me. LOL

I've often said the tips of their front legs are the most dangerous part of a mantis. I've been pierced by those sharp points countless times. Usually this is from wild mantids when capturing them.

I've often said the tips of their front legs are the most dangerous part of a mantis. I've been pierced by those sharp points countless times. Usually this is from wild mantids when capturing them.
Im often mistaken for food with my mantids, i handle the maggots with my fingers. The scent gets on them and then there goes my mantids, grabbing on tightly and beginning to chew away.