Gongylus breeding

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guapoalto049

Reaction score
I'm having some trouble mating my violins. The male has got to be two months old and she's around five weeks. I've witnessed the male mount the female twice but I'm pretty sure they only got to second base. I increase the temp to 95-100 during the day in the glass cage I have, humidity is around 55%.

Any tips from those that have bred them? Could he be desensitized from her phermones?

Here's the Gongy cage:

P5250567.jpg

Hmmm... Mine were going from female to female without incident (or pause). The females were... well... receptive. And not very particular either... (see below) Yeah - that's a (local) male Chinese "getting busy" with a Gongy! I wih I could have got him looking at the camera and kind of doing a thumbs up to his homies....

IMG_7627.jpg

Hmmm... Mine were going from female to female without incident (or pause). The females were... well... receptive. And not very particular either... (see below) Yeah - that's a (local) male Chinese "getting busy" with a Gongy! I wih I could have got him looking at the camera and kind of doing a thumbs up to his homies....

IMG_7627.jpg
What were the temps?

IMG_7627.jpg
FINALLY! interspecies mating!

IMG_7627.jpg
how will the babies look like???

Temps 100 at the highest, 75 at the bottom. Same guy (I think) mounted another gal today. I dunno if temp would have changed that boys amourous advances. I hate naming them when they're so likely to become lunch, but I think I'll call him Romeo....

Latest posts