• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

OOTHS FOR SALE: Rhombodera cf valida & Euchomenella heteroptera

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precarious

Reaction score
Rhombodera cf valida
$70/ooth

Large shield species. Not common in the US. Aggressive hunters and very hardy so long as crickets are avoided. Personality can be a bit stand-offish at first but more friendly as handling continues. Hatches average around 300 nymphs.

COBRA MANTIS!!! (photos & video)
Rainbow Rhombodera!
Rhombodera cf. valida - hatch & nymphs
Rhombodera cf valida HATCH (extreme closeup video)
Rhombodera cf valida coupling (extreme closeup video)
Rhombodera cf valida Hatch
Rhombodera (unknown sp. - HELP!) Mating, Ooth

Rhombo_2554-sm.jpg

Euchomenella heteroptera ooths
$50 each

Euchomenella heteroptera is a long thin species with big round eyes. They are very communal. In fact, probably the most communal species I've kept. The adult females are even kept with the males with zero incidence of cannibalism. Give them space and food and you should have no problems raising them as a group.

Odd characteristics:
They stick their raptors straight out to pretend they are a stick.
They like to hop quite a bit.
When frightened they will hop like mad then play dead.

This is a fairly large species with adult females reaching up to 4.24". Also of note, females have virtually no wings. Just small buds.

No special keeping or feeding requirements. They do quite well on crickets. Mid 70's is fine but they like it moist.

Ooths hatch 35-55 nymphs which are very hardy. No substantial die off if kept properly. But nymphs are physically very thin and fragile so handle with care! They are prone to mismolt if you don't keep up on humidity.

This is the first US generation of my culture.

My feedback:

Precarious

L2
EuchomenellaL2_1888-sm.jpg

L4
Euchomenella_3322-sm.jpg

Euchomenella_3298-sm.jpg

Check out the neck! Thicker than the body!

Euchomenella_3315-sm.jpg

Latest posts