Praying Mantids Keeping Aliens

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

admin

Go to Elytra and Antenna for Invertebrates-Magazine and books on inverts including Praying Mantids Keeping Aliens.

http://www.elytraandantenna.com

PrayingMantidsCover.jpg

I just bought a copy of this book (thanks to this topic), and it is great. Although it is only 40 pages, it is very informative. I could go on forever about how good it is, but I won't. I reccomend this book to everybody.

FYI...I found a copy of this book on Ebay for super cheap...The seller copies & laminates them (probably totally illegal, but I'm not going to tell), so if you want a cheap paperback version, might try there!

FYI...I found a copy of this book on Ebay for super cheap...The seller copies & laminates them (probably totally illegal, but I'm not going to tell), so if you want a cheap paperback version, might try there!
says the person who sells them .. LOL

- Hello Orin, this new edition have updates in their information added to the past edited book? actually i have the another first edition of this book.

- Thanks, regards. Roberto.

- Hello Orin, this new edition have updates in their information added to the past edited book? actually i have the another first edition of this book.- Thanks, regards. Roberto.
Hi Roberto,

The new edition includes more species, four more pages including two color plates, and some minor edits but the general information on keeping mantids hasn't changed.

Thanks,

Orin

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife received this book from bugsincyberspace.com and we have both read it. It is great! This is a fairly small book but packed with info. There is much information about all aspects of keeping mantids.

~Arkanis

Rick:

Did something happen to this thread? Did a couple of hundred entries get lost or something? You made the first post recommending the book 3 years and one month ago and there are only three posts from people who actually bought the book, including one person who said that it is GREAT, while one person advertised a bootleg (ripped off, stolen, Feloniously Fabricated) copy on Ebay. Someone beat me to reporting that.

I am not suggesting that experienced members of this forum buy the book; obviously you already have. What you have saved by successfully raising your mantids and producing large hatches will have more than paid for the book by now. Not only does it tell you all that you need to know about basic maintenance, it also gives advanced tips. Is your male reluctant to mate? This book will solve your problem (Orin: I am thinking of renting a second apartment as a "bachelor pad"). Want to know the best way to store ooths? You will find the "no maintenance, tested and copyright" method only in this book. Perhaps, though, you might want to buy a second copy for a friend.

To newbies like me: Buy this book now. It will provide the groundwork on which the questions on this forum are based and save you from asking questions that have been answered a dozen times already. I have bought all of the small number of "hobbyist" books on mantises, and this is far and away the best out there.

One final thought. Those of us who enjoy this forum for free often forget that its existence depends on the hard work and financial investment of a very few. Buy the book at www.bugsincyberspace.com so that your purchase provides most benefit to the forum, tell everyone how great it is on this thread and go to amazon.com and write a glowing review there.

The Great Mantis Goddess will bless you and your charges.

Planning on getting this book, along with a mantis, but have to wait till I'm sure I'll be around to recieve it and get the bugger in where it's warm.

I have some fairly recently hatchlings that I'd like to read up on and know what to and not to do, but I don't want the two seperate shipments, so I'm going to have to let nature take it's course, for now.

I'm wondering all sorts of stuff that come from raising fish a while back, like seems not long ago, but was around sixteen years or so back, how time flies... :huh:

For now I'll have to settle for watching them 'train' at pouncing and sparring with each other :)

Was thinking about giving some to family for Christmas, but nobody seems to love the little mantis' :)

My week and a halfers have already molted, and seem to have a 'kick rocks pops' attitude, while they were so 'daddy' when they were younger. I'm gonna miss the babies... :)

Just received this book from Peter at bugsincyberspace.com and this is definitely a solid reference book to keep handy, I'm on my second read through. This is one of those books you buy "for the content, not just the pictures", but having said that the pictures are very impressive.

Wherever you are in the world, order this from Peter and he will get it to you ASAP, but if you are outside the US, you'll have to email him requesting the book and he'll send you an email Paypal invoice, their site doesn't handle international orders automagically :)