Other forums?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meaganelise9

Reaction score
I've discovered a number of other mantis forums lately. Do you guys belong to any other forums? I joined the UK Mantis Forum several weeks ago, which I like. There is a lot of info there and you get to see some of the bugs that aren't so much in culture here sometimes. Yesterday, I joined mantodeenforum.info which is a German forum. It's been really interesting both challenging myself to adequately converse in Geman and read information about species that others haven't had luck raising. (Also, I am thankful for Google translate!)...

Last edited by a moderator:
I joined the UK forum 2 day's before this one went down the first time, it's very cool and informative, not as Euro feeling as I thought it might be. Not that European is bad I just thought I might not fit in as well over there, but its a jolly good show mate. ;)

I've seen you both on the UKMantis forum. I joined it when this site when down. That is the only other one I've joined. I had a "penpal" back in the 70s from England and was in her wedding in 1987. That was the last time I was in the England. They seem more strict with rules as I've noticed more posts deleted.

I've used chat on the UKMantis forum more the past week than I have my entire life. I've gotten several invites for chat sessions, but most of them are from people who are from the US and on this forum. When I was chatting with one person, it said that it was translating from French. Thought that was interesting.

I know this is an ancient thread, but I'm curious regarding any other good mantis forums and decided to revive it.

UKMantis has completely vanished or has it been relocated/changed?

Thanks

I know this is an ancient thread, but I'm curious regarding any other good mantis forums and decided to revive it.

UKMantis has completely vanished or has it been relocated/changed?

Thanks
Nope they vanished and so has the remaining others, often citing Facebook groups (UK forum) or the owners lack of time over the last 6 years. The only other mantid forums are either seller specific (business website, and no one posts), or social sites like Reddit with a insect section.

The only other option is the Facebook groups, but it seems like a endless chat of post with no sections or way to follow, so I don't see the draw to it. Then again I don't see a need for multiple mantid forums, but to each their own. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
hy Thomas  , in total agreement with you , we have a fantastic group in Mantidforum lenty of knowledgable people  . I don't Facebook or do the other social media to any  extent therefore I'm not sure just possibly the need for more friends and contacts leads some to want more forums. 

Xlnt to see you back ......... Serle 

Was just asking, I sort of knew that this must be the best mantid forum ;)

@Serle Thanks good to be back. :)

@anti I understand, and is why I knew what happened to them. See below about the details of the UK forum...

Latest posts