Funniest mantis expirience

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okoboji22

Reaction score
Hey everyone, what has been your funniest mantis expirience? Mine is either the time i was showing off a creobroter male to a friend and he started flying in circles around his head freaking him out or when my not very smart first mantis, stickylegs (weird name I know), grabbed a cricket and a part of a plastic plant decoration and, without a second tought, threw the cricket and started chewing on the plant. I actually had to pull her off the plant to get her to stop.

Haha that's happened a few times to me... my giant Africans get so excited for food that they end up missing the fly and grabbing the paper towel or plant... pretty hilarious to watch them start eating it then look at me like "wth did you just give me"

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha that's happened a few times to me... my giant Africans get so excited for food that they end up missing the fly and grabbing the paper towel or plant... pretty hilarious to watch them start eating it then look at me like "wth did you just give me"
Lol it must be a thing with giant Africans because stickylegs was a giant African too lol

@Okoboji22

lol, it doesn't just happen to Giant Africans, I had a Carolina try eating a paper clip, lol. After that, she ran away from anything I tried to give her with that paper clip. She got over it soon, though.

@Okoboji22

lol, it doesn't just happen to Giant Africans, I had a Carolina try eating a paper clip, lol. After that, she ran away from anything I tried to give her with that paper clip. She got over it soon, though.

how long was she holding onto the paperclip? It must have tasted pretty good lol

maybe a late reply, lolol, but once I mistakenly bumped my spiny flower's bum and she did about 18 consecutive backflips across the floor :^D i felt a little bad for spooking her, but it was more hilarious than anything, haha

maybe a late reply, lolol, but once I mistakenly bumped my spiny flower's bum and she did about 18 consecutive backflips across the floor :^D i felt a little bad for spooking her, but it was more hilarious than anything, haha
My orchid sometimes jumps around when scared but never that much, the sounds like a new record! Are you sure you didn't buy your mantis from a circus?  :lol:

Once long ago, a family member pretended to throw a remote at me while I was holding a Rhombo. Rhombo got startled and crouched down with antennae straight toward them. She was so scared lol