Mantis behavior question

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carnival Glass

Reaction score
I have a video of something my mantis does every now and then. She does it twice in the video (and you might hear my partner giggling lol). She eats fine and poops fine and walks around/climbs fine so I was wondering what this could mean??  :huh:

https://youtu.be/i74hM6SdYtg

This is just their way of trying to blend in with nature. They try and act like the wind is blowing a leaf(which is actually them). All my mantis do it so nothing to be worried about.

This is just their way of trying to blend in with nature. They try and act like the wind is blowing a leaf(which is actually them). All my mantis do it so nothing to be worried about.
Oh alright cool, thanks! I know about the swaying back n forth but this wiggle was new so I was curious haha.  :p

It doesn't look like the way they are swaying to blend in with the environment, it rather resembles motions they make before and after molts. Seems like it's bothered by the deformed wings.

My Idolomantis male with misshapen wings behaves similarly after they have fallen into a worse position while moving and probably tries to realign them this way.

She is attempting to fold her wings up. I would suggest trimming the pieces that are strewn about her legs so they will be less of a hindrance to her.

Under normal conditions I would agree but I think Krissim is correct. That mantis is in poor shape and is probably uncomfortable in many ways. 

I guess I definitely was wrong lol. Sorry for that. Like the more experienced keepers said, its them being uncomfortable in their current state. So before molts because they are feeling quite full and ready to shed and when the wings are in there way and annoying them.

Latest posts