R. Megaera size?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okoboji22

Reaction score
How big does a female Megaera get? I have heard a lot of things about there size like how they are the largest mantis in captivity but don't know if it's true or not.

From my two females one was 9,5cm(3,74 in) and the second one 11,5cm(4,52 in), from head to wings. Plistospilota guineensis should be the biggest one available in captivity in terms of mass and size, while Heterochaeta orientalis seems to lead in pure length.

From my two females one was 9,5cm(3,74 in) and the second one 11,5cm(4,52 in), from head to wings. Plistospilota guineensis should be the biggest one available in captivity in terms of mass and size, while Heterochaeta orientalis seems to lead in pure length.
Thanks for the answer, i had a little female who never made it to adult and was curious about how big she could have gotten. Also 4.5 inches?! :blink:  I always thought that any mantis over 4 inches would be one of the non bulky more slender types.

That's quite a bit of disparity between two of the same sex.  Is that common?  Pretty interesting.

Latest posts