Do reptile shows generally sell mantids?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes they do! Depends where the venue is and how big the expo is overall. Lately they've been at all the expos I've frequented the last couple of years

I have never been to a reptile expo, how do you even find out about them? Like where they will be and who has them? Because they sound quite interesting.

A good way to know if vendors are allowed to sell mantids is to check the vendor rules. Some shows have very few restrictions and others have a ton. The people selling mantids generally stick with shows that have few restrictions. That doesn't mean they will have them, but you have a better chance of finding them at those shows.

If you are looking for orchid mantids make sure go early. Other vendors jump on the orchid mantids. Sometimes they will sell out before the show even starts.

I've never seen mantids for sale anywhere other than online. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, sometimes. One thing you can do is look up the names of the groups that will be setting up booths at the shows. Most groups have sites on the net so you can look at the ones you think that might have inverts. If they list mantids on their site you can then drop them an email and see if they are planning to bring any to the show.

There's a reptile show in Michigan that I just found out a mantis breeder does go to.  Not sure if he goes all the time, but feel free to PM me if you want more information.  Not sure if you would want to drive out to the Detroit area though.

@Ocelotbren if I’m thinking of the same breeder that you are he will definitely be there this weekend. He is selling a ton of idolos at the event.

Latest posts