Shipping mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connor

Reaction score
So I’ve shipped multiple shipments now but every so often that I hand over the package someone asks about what I am shipping. How do I respond to this? I’ve said before I was shipping like materials or food but that always leaves the USPS guy confused. Am I able to tell them live insects or will they not accept it?

No one needs to know whats inside. Its not even legal to send seeds in the mail, let alone live bugs, especially not foreign species. When I was younger I made the mistake of  being too honest with a curious/nosey mail employee and was informed that my shipment wouldnt be allowed. I'd recommend you dont share too much information with anyone who doesn't need to know. I also know of some people who do write things like 'live bugs' on packages, some even being called bugman by their shippers. I guess it depends where you are but discretion is safest.

@Aristalochia Well I looked up USPS laws and live non-venomous insects are allowed. Though I’m not sure about non-native species laws so im going to try and not tell them. Just sent a shipment out and told them it was “fragile materials” then she was confused and asked again so I just said it was something that could not get too cold. I guess she was satisfied by that. Need a better system though.

You could also say that you are shipping plants. I used to ship carnivorous plants a lot and never had a problem. Sometimes they would ask if I wanted to write "live plants" on the box. I usually didn't. You only really have to disclose if it has dangerous or restricted items.

Generally  it is not what you do but what you say ,I always send educational material .                                                                                                                    I do not feel that this is an untruth .........  s

@Serle also a great idea. Though they might ask why a 15 year old is sending “educational material” lol

Latest posts