shipping delays

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DefyTheNorms

Reaction score
Sooooo... My Moonlight Mantid order shipped via Priority mail on Wednesday afternoon. In the past all priority packages have only taken 2 days from mail date, so I normally would have received it today.. BUT I just checked the tracker and it's saying Monday as a delivery date! Even if it was a day later, then it should arrive Saturday.  I'm really upset and concerned for the mantids in my order. I don't think they will survive 5 days :( I by no means blame Kevin for this, as he has no control over the postal service. My past orders from him were mailed on Wednesday and I received them Friday. I guess the chances of them surviving are slim and that saddens me. I just needed to vent.

Hmm USPS has been slow lately. Buts it’s weird it’s gonna take till Monday. Sorry to hear. Who knows maybe they will survive. I had a bunch of L1 tropical species survive 4 day shipping. But it was superb packaging.

My first mantids lived for almost 2 weeks in transit:eek: Fingers crossed
Wow! That's awesome!  I was reading that nymphs can't survive more than 5-9 days without food. I assume that's less when there's no water either? Plus they are in deli cups andI don't believe they have holes :(

All my recent packages were delayed for multiple days and everything arrived perfect. I’m addition I also ordered a idolomantis diabolica ooth from Poland, the seller decided to ship 5 idolo nymphs, once I got the package 3 weeks later 3 idolos survived! 3 weeks! I guarantee everything should be fine for you.

All my recent packages were delayed for multiple days and everything arrived perfect. I’m addition I also ordered a idolomantis diabolica ooth from Poland, the seller decided to ship 5 idolo nymphs, once I got the package 3 weeks later 3 idolos survived! 3 weeks! I guarantee everything should be fine for you.
I really hope so. I'm having such anxiety worrying about it. Everyone's experiences are helping "calm" me a bit tho, so thanks for sharing your story too lol 

So USPS decided to deliver my package at 7am this morning (Sunday!)... Good thing I was up and noticed them walking away because they didn't even knock! It got quite cold here in FL last night, and the heat packs were expired. Good news is they all survived! Yay! They were quite cold when I took them out and a bit lethargic, but within minutes of warming up they perked up. They are now in their enclosures drinking and eating. Such relief!  I am now the owner of an African "Blue Flash", a Rainforest Mantis, and a Jeweled Flower :D

Awesome! That’s weird USPS would deliver on a Sunday but glad they did.

Yes, I was surprised but happy!

Scratch that... I was so caught up in them being alive that I just noticed they sent an African (S Lineola) instead of the rainforest.  The African is a cool gold color tho! I contacted them so hopefully they send the Rainforest, as it's the one I wanted most.

Do gold/brown colored African nymphs turn green when they get older, or is it just likely a color variant? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends. My female Lineola stayed brown but my male turned green.