P. paradoxa vs P. illudens

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anti

Reaction score
Hi, what are the main differences between those 2 species? and is their care any different?

thanks

I actually did see videos of p. Illudens on YouTube and their head crests are much longer and not as patterned as paradoxa. The leaf decorations on the body and legs are also smoother than paradoxa too. They might also be slightly bigger than paradoxa but other than that they are the same

I actually did see videos of p. Illudens on YouTube and their head crests are much longer and not as patterned as paradoxa. The leaf decorations on the body and legs are also smoother than paradoxa too. They might also be slightly bigger than paradoxa but other than that they are the same
It’s like a polished ghost, I would call it the “Grim Reaper Mantis” I would love to have some in my collection.

heres also a video link:

I've also read that illudens is actually a subspecies of paradoxa not a different species, so it's Phyllocrania paradoxa illudens, but I'm not sure...

Latest posts