Galinthias amoena for the win!!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agent A

the autistic flower mantis
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so i have a mated G. amoena female and she is so cute

she eats like a pig and has laid 2 ooths this week

i cannot recommend this species enough

i will keep everyone posted on the progress of them :) Snapchat-1439783893.jpg20180105_173100.jpg

Yep they are great! I got 3 fertile ooths I’m waiting on from one of my females. The other mated female escaped earlier so maybe I’ll have little babies all over the place

Sounds like you both have experience with the species and could put together a dedicated caresheet for the species - it would be great for keepers. If either of you are interested see the rules and template.

@mantisloverguy6000 Sweet! I love the small species, glad to hear they are doing great for you too. :D

@Connor Hopefully if you go nymph hunting they are clustered together still when you find them. I've had it happen three times now and it is a exhausting event to be sure. ;)

@CosbyArt yeah it certainly sounds like a process to go searching for many nymphs.

i would love to put together a caresheet but I have yet to hatch ooths or raise little nymphs of this species so I will probably wait until my next gen are laying ooths before I give my input. Great idea though 

@CosbyArt yeah it certainly sounds like a process to go searching for many nymphs.

i would love to put together a caresheet but I have yet to hatch ooths or raise little nymphs of this species so I will probably wait until my next gen are laying ooths before I give my input. Great idea though 
If there are a lot of things for nymphs to hide on/under/or in, it can be. For me it happened twice on my clustered desk and spread nearby to the window curtains so those were worse than the other ooth that was near a wall. On the wall they loved to scatter out and stay put, making it relatively easy to find and collect them soon afterwards. :)

Ah alright maybe later then. Glad to see you saw the link to the caresheet rules/template just in case. It is easier to post links if anyone is interested than to ask them a hundred questions of what they have done with the species - and if they are interested in making a caresheet.

Those are gorgeous little cuties! I may have to try these guys out if I ever see them offered by the one seller I can buy from :D

she is refusing food-ooth #3 probably on the way!!!
Nice. My female laid her largest third but then died shortly after... not sure why she passed. She wasn’t that old. 

On a higher note one of my G. Amoena oothecas hatched! Only 7 nymphs so far but not sure how many they usually hatch. They are pretty big for L1s!

Nice. My female laid her largest third but then died shortly after... not sure why she passed. She wasn’t that old. 

On a higher note one of my G. Amoena oothecas hatched! Only 7 nymphs so far but not sure how many they usually hatch. They are pretty big for L1s!
how old was the hatched ooth?

I didn't realize how small they were! Your female is a beauty!

- MantisGirl13