Breeding/keeping logs

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WendigoBlue

Reaction score
I'm looking for some breeding/keeping logs to read through, anyone know of any good ones on the forum? I haven't been able to find any so far, but I'll keep digging!

I'll probably start my own once my ooths hatch, so I can record the life span, mortality rate, molt #s, pictures, sizes between instars, averaging timing in-between the instars at my specs and stuff like that. I recorded a little bit of my Hierodula membranacea info, but not much. I don't think 6 is enough to get accurate info on the species and I didn't record sizes or take pictures of the instars.. 

@WendigoBlue Likely the only online source would be yen_saw's old website (2009 I think was the last update). He has several various logs of many species he kept and some of the details your looking for - see the Hierodula membranacea log.

Overall it is not really something that anyone would post on the forum, and would require much reading to get the data your looking for from it anyway. If you have any specific questions ask as some keepers would likely be able to answer them directly. My logs though would not be of any help as that is one species I have not kept.

Thank you @CosbyArt! I have read through those logs and some one the ones I found on here. Not looking for very in-depth info on any certain species, just want to see other's breeding/keeping experiences and pictures. I did look through your log and I love your Japanese boxer mantis photos, they're a gorgeous species. :)  

Thank you @CosbyArt! I have read through those logs and some one the ones I found on here. Not looking for very in-depth info on any certain species, just want to see other's breeding/keeping experiences and pictures. I did look through your log and I love your Japanese boxer mantis photos, they're a gorgeous species. :)  
Your welcome. :) Yes caresheets here and at KeepingInsects are good for various details, but most usually do not cover the ooth hatch times and other aspects you were looking for.

Thanks, yes the Acromantis japonica is a great species and with help of another keeper as mentioned, dmina, I made the caresheet as complete as possible. Interestingly they also show some of the "arm waving" and dancing before mating which is quite a event if you haven't had a Boxer mantis species before. :D

Latest posts