I almost gave up.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessie

Reaction score
As some of you know, I have had a couple times been treated poorly in the community. So i almost gave up, i was gonna sell some of my mantids. And get a reptile. Even said i wanted a real animal. One of my friends when they sent me a email about a mantis snapped me out of it. You know who you are, I cried and felt like a terrible person because i resulted to not only impuse buying 2 reptiles. But forgetting the person I was. Luckily the people are taking the reptiles back. Either way, I lost my way for awhile. And almost did for good.

I feel so ashamed.

Impulse buying animals is never a good idea so glad to hear you caught yourself before giving into the temptation. Sometimes it can be best to take a break from online communities. Pet based forums/groups in general can have a lot of negative vibes because people get very passionate about their pets and will lash out at anyone they feel is not doing things how they would. I'll admit one of the reasons I'm active on the mantis forum and not any other pet based forums is because generally I find it pretty relaxed. If you have had problems with particular people I would suggest ignoring them and moving on.

Keeping mantises also doesn't mean you can't have other types of pets, just make sure to take your time and research first.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do have a 5 lined skink I had just got today. I prob will keep it. It was 10 bucks.

Keep the skink if you like it. I think it can give you enjoyment like a mantis can. and keep your mantids you already have :) think selling them off won't give a good feeling.