Look what I found in my back yard!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ky_mantis

Reaction score
Looks like it hasn't hatched yet. I set it up in a deli cup. Hope it hatches soon!

IMG_20180502_211931.jpg

Congratulations! Waiting for an ooth to hatch is probably one of the most exciting (and awful) experiences. Hope it has many nymphs for you, good luck!

Yay! I currently have one of those as well. Good luck! I hope it hatches. When it does, make sure you have plenty of extra containers on hand!

( I learned that the hard way  :) )

- MantisGirl13

Yay! I currently have one of those as well. Good luck! I hope it hatches. When it does, make sure you have plenty of extra containers on hand!

( I learned that the hard way  :) )

- MantisGirl13
I'm probably just going to release the young ones into my garden if they hatch. I will probably keep 4-5 to raise indoors just to see how they do.

BTW, for those more knowledgeable than myself, does it look like the Ooth has already hatched? It looks intact to me but I've never seen an Ooth that has hatched, so I have no point of reference.

No, I think that it is good. The white ridge on it is not messed up, so no nymphs could have hatched. NEVER ASSUME AN OOTHECA HAS HATCHED.  I have walked into my room two different times to find either the closet or my top drawer covered in nymphs. It took forever to collect them all!

- MantisGirl13

Latest posts