New arrivals

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danl82

Reaction score
I had two packages arrive today

Tar1.jpgtar2.jpg

First was two little panther mantis (Tarachodula pantherina). They'd been well packed with a couple of snacks in with them too, which one of them grabbed whilst I got my phone camera out.

esph1.jpg

This is one of two boxer mantis (Ephestiaula sp),

par1.jpg

Finally a budwing (Parasphendale agrionina). 

Super happy with them, all my newbies arrived in good condition and were lively and active, looking forward to raising them now  :)

Congratulations on your new Mantids, they’re so adorable. These are some of my favorite species! Good luck with them!

SO CUTE! I have always been captivated by the faces of those panther mantids, and I am hoping to get my own someday! Where did you get them?

- MantisGirl13

I am in the uk just to clarify but I got my two from Andrew mitchell. I actually didn't look for them, I was having a look at a few species and happened to see them available so took the opportunity. If I wasn't also getting the budwings and boxers which came from bugzuk, I would've got three but have to keep within my caging limits.

Fed them all earlier, the panthers just snatched the ffs wandering past but the boxers had some hatchling crickets and were chasing them across the floor. So funny to watch them, each cricket was only a few bites so they were grabbing one then seconds later another and so on.

I'm actually spending this weekend putting together some display cages for when my young mantids get bigger.  I think they the kind of pet which lends themselves well to a nice display enclosure. 

Cute new arrivals, and make sure you share pictures of your display enclosures once finished!  I love seeing people's ideas.

Awesome! Panther mantids are so cute! I really really want one now! Thanks for posting the pictures! Please take more!

- MantisGirl13