So now....

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benayla

Reaction score
Neither of my most recent pairs of Hierodula Membranacea's ending up breeding. But what I really want to bring up is the what happened after NaruHina bit her would be mate's head off, his headless body looked like it was eroding. I can't explain it well, nor do I have a picture, but his body didn't decompose normally. Then eventually she dropped dead too, and decomposed faster than my mantises usually do when they die. Which tells me some sort of virus or infection was present, maybe I need to rinse out my spray bottle. 

There goes the last of my Hierodula Membranacea, for now. I'll get more someday, but for now I'll stick with the only Praying Mantis I have left

I'm sorry that you lost both of them! I would rinse out the spray bottle, refresh the feeders, and thoroughly clean the cages if I were you. 

- MantisGirl13

Sad to hear you lost your couple. Better do what mantisgirl says, maybe there is something there that made them sick :( hope your last one stays healthy.

Latest posts