So disappointed

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovemymantisfriends

Reaction score
I had posted on Monday that I had finally heard from the breeder I had ordered from on May 29th was shipping and I will receive my order this week.  So everyday, I have watched the clock and waited by the window for the mail to arrive.  I have also obsessively checked my email for any tracking information.   The breeder has it in their policy that they only ship Monday-Wednesday, so I waited until Thursday to ask about tracking information or an update on my order (no response).   Now I am really worried.  Tomorrow's heat index is supposed to be as high as 113 degrees and there is a block party so our street will be blocked off.  I talked to the mailman and he said that if he remembers, he will try to deliver to our street earlier (no guarantees).  Meanwhile, it is super hot today also.  I am fearful they are going to arrive DOA.  The breeder's other policy is that they wont ship if there is excessive heat.  The forecast has shown excessive heat for Friday and Saturday all week.  

Just beyond disappointed they aren't here yet.  

30 days since you placed your order?? How many emails have you sent them, and how many times have they responded?

30 days since you placed your order?? How many emails have you sent them, and how many times have they responded?
I have emailed 2x and PM'd facebook 1x a week after placing the order.  I finally received an email back on Monday of this week saying that my order was being processed and I will receive them this week.  I emailed again regarding tracking (since I hadn't received anything other than the initial email stating my order was being processed).  I have not heard back.  

So, I guess all in all probably 3-4 emails and 1 fb private message to them and 1 response from them.  

Dang it!  To make matters worse (if by some miracle they were not shipped this week and arriving DOA), they do not ship on holiday weeks...NEXT WEEK IS A HOLIDAY WEEK... ?

Dang it!  To make matters worse (if by some miracle they were not shipped this week and arriving DOA), they do not ship on holiday weeks...NEXT WEEK IS A HOLIDAY WEEK... ?
I'm crossing my fingers for you hoping you receive them tomorrow! There could many legitimate reasons for the delay of an order. Give your spam folder a quick check to make sure no messages from the breeder were misidentified as spam... it happens. Failure to communicate, especially when there is a delay for any reason, is a deal breaker for me.  Period. You have a right to be angry!

Hope you get them tomorrow! If you don't and and receive no response by end of business Monday... I'd file a PayPal dispute or contact your credit card company and dispute the charges... if I were you. 

Good luck! ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm crossing my fingers for you hoping you receive them tomorrow! There could many legitimate reasons for the delay of an order.
@lovemymantisfriendsI hope your mantids will arrive safely .*Crossing my fingers too.*

If you don't get them and no response, give a feedback in de feedback section about this breeder. Then we know where not to buy mantids

Fellow dweller of hellish heats here. If you do manage to get a tracking number from them and they shipped USPS you should be able to stop it at the post office for pickup. It's an extra hassle, but I promise it's a lot cooler in the back of the post office than it is on those trucks, and if your delivery worker is anything like mine your mantid may be on that truck for hours on delivery day.

I lost one shipment of inverts to the heat here. Since then I stop all deliveries at the post office and haven't lost one in shipping.

Who did you order from? I am praying that they arrive safely today!

- MantisGirl13

Did your delivery come in?
It did not.  I emailed and they said they are still processing and shipping orders.  I can expect tracking info soon.  Meanwhile, it is still expected to be hot and a holiday week- neither of which conditions they claim to ship during. 

Still waiting

I am so sorry about your order! I hope it comes soon! I had a ghost molt too! It was a male, and he molted to adult, a couple weeks AHEAD of my females! Hopefully he will stay alive long enough so I can mate my females when they are adult!

- MantisGirl13

It did not.  I emailed and they said they are still processing and shipping orders.  I can expect tracking info soon. 
Please be careful. Don't let them drag out the transaction too long or you'll risk losing any potential refund. This unnamed (that's for the feedback section) breeder has a reputation for being unable/unwilling to ship orders promptly. He prints the mailing label on the day orders are placed, making them show up in USPS tracking, but the  shipment may or may not go out at all. If you're signed up with USPS, you'll be able to see all shipping labels printed with your address. The USPS message you'll receive with this breeder is usually, "Label printed. Awaiting pickup by carrier", or something to that effect. I received the same message for almost a month, before I cancelled and disputed the charges. PayPal refunded my money.

In my opinion, not an accusation just a suspicion, this particular breeder is selling stock before he actually has it in hand.

My suggestion: Cancel this order and immediately file a PayPal claim. But.. that's just me. 

That all being said... it may all work out for you. Good luck! ☺️

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good suggestions @Synapze 

Paypal allows refunds up to 6 months with their buyer protection guarantee but there's no reason to wait that long. Unless the breeder has a specific disclaimer on their website stating that orders may take over a month to process they will likely side with you....that's if you used PayPal. The time a credit card company allows for disputes varies so if you have to go that route to get a refund I would check on the specific policy for your card. 

Before filing the dispute you may want to give them one last chance to fill the order. Sometimes it takes kicking them in the pants to get them moving. Email and explain you will be filing a dispute if you don't get a timely response (3 business days is more than reasonable) with either a refund or a specific shipping date & working tracking number. If they respond and that date comes and goes without receiving the tracking number or if the tracking number doesn't update past "Awaiting pickup by carrier" then go ahead and file the claim.

Or you can just skip all that hassle and file the claim, waiting a month for an order is excessive regardless of their vague promises to ship "soon."

In other news, one of my ghosts molted again!
Gratz on the molt.

but about your order: I would do like the others sugested. it is taking too long and order your mantis somewhere else  and post about this breeder in the breeder section so we know where NOT to order from.

I had a ghost molt too! It was a male, and he molted to adult, a couple weeks AHEAD of my females!
gratz on the molt too

Before filing the dispute you may want to give them one last chance to fill the order. Sometimes it takes kicking them in the pants to get them moving. Email and explain you will be filing a dispute if you don't get a timely response (3 business days is more than reasonable) with either a refund or a specific shipping date & working tracking number. If they respond and that date comes and goes without receiving the tracking number or if the tracking number doesn't update past "Awaiting pickup by carrier" then go ahead and file the claim.
Here is their terms of use:

[SIZE=10.5pt]I need you to agree that you will allow me to do what's best for your insects and trust that I will get them to you alive, without complaint!  If shipping is delayed you will have to bare through it... I'm a reasonable guy and I will do all I can to provide the best service.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

Shipping Schedule

All Orders Ship Monday-Wednesday, to avoid DOA during travel.

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

Shipping Delays may include as follows:

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]1.    [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]If an animal is about to molt or shed, it will not leave until it does plus two days to recover.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]2.    [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Some mantids may be presold (back ordered) they will not ship until L2 stage.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]3.    [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Unacceptable weather conditions or temperature in either location[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]4.    [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Large volume of customer orders (first come first serve)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]5.    [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Holidays[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]If you decide you do not want to wait anymore, you will be charged room and board for animals that would have been sold otherwise.  A 20% charge not including shipping or tax will be deducted from your refund.  You will also be banned for life from reorder.  I will add that you will be refunded with the deduction of 20% if you send excessive emails and decide to cause problems for us (We simply don’t have time to waste on impatient and insubordinate people) If by chance you ignore any of these terms and conditions we reserve the right to refuse service at any time.  In this situation money will be refunded within (7) days.  We are not responsible for this hold[/SIZE]

Latest posts