Update to my Update

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benayla

Reaction score
I put my Giant Rain Forest Mantises in the same large cage together, Nover returning to Nora's back. Now after being unable to get out of bed all day, I find her laying her Ootheca, with Nover still on her back. Never heard of that before. 

So, they mated at least twice over a month ago. And for all I know they could've done that again while I was sleeping. Just wonder why it would take over a month to lay those eggs if that was successful, considering I've given her crickets by the tens since then. Actually, yesterday she was acting weird around the crickets, almost like she was scared of them. Then yesterday she tried eating a plastic flower in the larger cage. So I'm left wondering what that's about. 

Even after they finished mating back then Nover didn't want to get off her back, but he finally did, so he did the same thing again while he was still on her. Leading me to believe that wasn't successful, which is why I decided to let him try again. Now she's laying her eggs, and he's still on her back. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts