NEW PUBLICATION

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kris Anderson

Reaction score
“Praying Mantises of the United States and Canada” by Kris Anderson

ISBN# 978-1717825735

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1717825737?ref_=pe_870760_150889320

This peer reviewed text includes a dichotomous key to all 15 genera of Mantodea found in the U.S. and Canada.  Extremely detailed descriptions are provided for each of the 27 species found within this region, including two newly listed invasive species and two newly described species.  One new genus is established along with several taxonomic revisions and clarifications.  Species treatments include taxonomic illustrations, precise morphological descriptions, accurate morphometry, complete natural history documentation, exhaustive historical literature review, and detailed distribution range maps.  There are 183 illustrations contained within the 291 pages of text, including 115 color photographs of live specimens.

If you prefer a PDF version, contact me directly.    

New project announcement for Praying Mantises of the Caribbean: 

https://www.researchgate.net/project/Praying-Mantises-of-the-Caribbean

Front CoverF.jpg

Sounds like a great book. When you say peer-reviewed do you mean you submitted it through a service like Publons or just that you had certain people review your text? To whom did your peer review call go?

The text was peer reviewed by my colleagues:

Evgeny Shcherbakov

Lomonosov Moscow State University

Moscow, Russia

​

​

Roberto Battiston

Musei del Canal Di Brenta

Valstagna, Italy

​

​

Michael R. Maxwell

National University

La Jolla, California, USA

​

​

Gloria María Ariza Lozano

Universidad del Tolima

Ibagué, Tolima, Colombia

​

​

Julian A. Salazar

Museo de Historia Natural Universidad de Caldas

Manizales, Colombia

​

​

Yen Saw

Houston, Texas, USA

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck with the book Kris!  It sounds well done and I'll have to pick up a copy. 

Next project = Praying Mantises of the Caribbean?  Field research is going to really tough there.  Not so much.  ?

There are between 35-44 different species found in the Caribbean.  The species checklist is currently underway with lots of synonymies and overlap to be worked out.   The comprehensive list should be finished by the end of summer and the corresponding genus and species treatments will begin thereafter. Feel free to follow along on research gate for updates! 

I have read it once!  But plan to go back and read it slowly!  Lots of good info in it!  Thank you!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts