Mantis Remains

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanMarquis

Reaction score
Hi.

I successfully raised my male ghost mantis, Cho'Gath, into an adult. I had him for about 11 months, and he provided hours of fascination on my desk.

Unfortunately, his life came to an end due to what I'm assuming is old age. 

I'm not sure what to do with the remains. My attachment to him was enough that it seems callous to just throw him away. He still looks exactly as he did when he was alive; he's just not moving. Are there any methods to preserve a dead mantis? Has anyone else done this? Or am I just weird for wanting to hang onto a dead insect?

I put my first mantis into a box with little paper roses glued on around his picture I glued onto the lid. I still have it after all these years!

I had to bury my first mantis. I would have kept her if she didn't had the sickness when she died.The sickness made them smell.  I bury my dead mantids in my garden.

You all are so sweet. Every mantis should be so loved. ?  

When people say mammals are more worthy of love and are capable of amazing loyalty, I always remember what my grandfather used to say about dogs:

"If you want to find out how loyal your dog is, give your neighbor his food bowl." ?

When people say mammals are more worthy of love and are capable of amazing loyalty, I always remember what my grandfather used to say about dogs:

"If you want to find out how loyal your dog is, give your neighbor his food bowl." ?
;)  I bury mine in the garden, too. I agree, every mantis should be loved!  

That is funny, what your grandfather said :)  

- MantisGirl13

I bury all my dead pets in the garden. Even our first dog is buried there. He was the size of Scooby.  The mantids who died of the sickness are buried close to each other. I can't toss them in the trash bin. They were bugs, but my bugs and I loved them.

Latest posts