We have Phyllocrania paradoxa hatchlings! (baby Ghost

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mantidmomma

Reaction score
 We have been BUSY!!!!!!!!  On top of the budwings, we have 36 ghost nymphs!  :)   

We also have brunneria ooths that should be hatching soon and an Idolomantis diabolica that should be hatching any day!

As overwhelming as it is to feed them all, I am loving it!  And I afraid they will harm each other so each is in their own container. That makes feeding time a bit tedious! But I also get to see them when they grab that prey and start munching!   LOL!!!

;)  Congratulations! My 6 ghost nymphs from my female's first ooth are now all L2s. How do you manage that many nymphs at one time?!? It is so adorable to watch them eat. I am glad the ooth hatched for you!

- MantisGirl13

;)  Congratulations! My 6 ghost nymphs from my female's first ooth are now all L2s. How do you manage that many nymphs at one time?!? It is so adorable to watch them eat. I am glad the ooth hatched for you!

- MantisGirl13
I don't get much sleep!  :)   I am at about 6 hours a day with all of them. That involves cleaning habitats, misting, labeling, feeding, etc. There have been a few times I have been stressed over it. But for the most part, I love what I do!  Fingers crossed I can find these babies homes!!!

Wow! That is a lot of time spent on them! I would offer to be a home for some budwings, but i already have six pre-subs, so I will have babies in a few months too!

- MantisGirl13

I agree with @MantisGirl13. I don’t even sleep for 6 hours, and I don’t spend any more than two hours with my mantids. I too would like to provide a home for your budwings and Ghosts, but with all the things I’ve ordered, I will be surprised if I have enough time with what I already have. Both species are amazing, so I’m sure you won’t have any trouble finding new homes for them

Wow! That is a lot of time spent on them! I would offer to be a home for some budwings, but i already have six pre-subs, so I will have babies in a few months too!

- MantisGirl13
So excited for your babies!  :)

I agree with @MantisGirl13. I don’t even sleep for 6 hours, and I don’t spend any more than two hours with my mantids. I too would like to provide a home for your budwings and Ghosts, but with all the things I’ve ordered, I will be surprised if I have enough time with what I already have. Both species are amazing, so I’m sure you won’t have any trouble finding new homes for them
I was spending about 3 hours a day until the budwings and ghosts hatched. I have OCD tendencies and that seems to be a GOOF quality when caring for so many mantids.  :)

Gratz on the hatch. :)

As overwhelming as it is to feed them all, I am loving it!  And I afraid they will harm each other so each is in their own container. That makes feeding time a bit tedious! But I also get to see them when they grab that prey and start munching!   LOL!
I love to see them eat. My 2 mantids are done with the FF. They need bigger prey now ;)

Too bad I live too far away or I would have taken some budwings and ghosts too.

So excited for your babies!  :)

I was spending about 3 hours a day until the budwings and ghosts hatched. I have OCD tendencies and that seems to be a GOOF quality when caring for so many mantids.  :)
I know! I am excited too! I also have two other ghost ooths waiting to hatch too... I am homeschooled, so I am home all day, and a lot of that time is spent caring for the mantids, but not even close to 6 hrs (yet?!?) ;)  

- MantisGirl13

Latest posts