Curious Posture

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowerHobo

Reaction score
My malaysian dead leaf, Maple, has been doing this off and on for a couple of days now, and I've never seen any of my other nymphs do it. I'm mainly just curious what he/she is up to, if anyone knows.

67_C84_D7_D_E551_4914_A8_A5_2_F59_D0_D7_EB22.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is completely normal, just a posture they do in order to try and act like a stick, or in your case, a dead leaf haha. Nothing to worry about.

Just like Connor mentioned, it's nothing to worry about.  A lot of mantis species do this.  A common one, the Chinese mantis do this behavior all the way into adulthood.  It's a pretty neat behavior. 

I wasn't really worried, but good to hear all the same ? I hadn't seen this with any of my ghosts or my giant shield, so was mainly curious if it was like a pre-molting stretching or something I've simply missed before. It's definitely interesting. Maple is also much more active with the mimicry sway than my other mantids, so little observations like this are fun.

Latest posts