Praying Mantis Kid's book- pictures needed!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prayingmantisqueen

Reaction score
So everybody whose interested,

I am trying to write a mantis book for kids, just a basic one explaining the life cycle, different species/and their locations, anatomy of a mantis etc.. 

But I need pictures. I only raise a few species at this time so I only have a limited amount of pictures. So if anyone has their best shots, please make sure (they are clear, high definition, enjoyable pictures)(royalty free) they would be willing to email to me, of any species (please include species name and instar at time of picture). My email can be found on my profile. 

At the back of the book there will be a acknowledgement section and anyone who donates pictures will be acknowledged there. The best picture will be the cover photo.

I dont know if a publisher will accept my manuscript yet even as I have to have it done before they will look at it. Even if they decline it, I will be thankful for your help and will pray for you.

I'm wanting to try and make this book a paper back, floppylike, (lanscape paper direction), etc..

Last edited by a moderator:
what a cool idea :) I don't think my pics are good enough to be in a book but you can have a look. You can look in my topics of you see a nice one. I have still the original pics. I would love to share it with you.

If a publisher will not print it, you can use a site as https://www.lulu.com/

Good luck?

I can get you some photos of my Orchids ?
That would be great! Like I said I only have pics of chinese, budwings, giant asians, and 1 pic of Little It (ghost), and Carolina all at various instead so I won't have much variety if I use only mine!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great idea! Please feel free to use any of the photos from my "Collection" post. I always include species name, but not usually instar. Good luck! ☺️

what a cool idea :) I don't think my pics are good enough to be in a book but you can have a look. You can look in my topics of you see a nice one. I have still the original pics. I would love to share it with you.

If a publisher will not print it, you can use a site as https://www.lulu.com/

Good luck?
Little Mantis, I love that idea, in fact I just checked it out and may end up using that and forget about a publisher completely! We will see and I am welcoming any suggestions and pictures!

Oh yeah and I would really love a good Ghost mantis pic for the front cover although an Idolo pic would work too...!

I have some Ghosts, too, L5/6. They are hard to photograph, but I have a few detailed shots of them. You can use any of my photos on this forum, if you like.

I will work on taking some even better pics of my various Orchid mantises for you

Maybe! I have asked her via email to check out this post I am sure she will when ever she gets on today...

Ps. How do you mention a person in blue Graceface?