What are your mantids getting for Christmas?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MantisGirl13

Reaction score
Hi, all! What do you give your mantids for Christmas? I plan to give a honey snack to everybody. 

I have a branch that looks like a tree and it is my 'Mantis Tree'. For Christmas, I hung ornaments on it and made it a "Charlie Brown Mantis Tree"! 

IMG_20181215_150550_hdr.jpg

- MantisGirl13

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't even celebrate christmas (no offense intended to people who do) but I will give my mantids some honey because 'tis the season of giving and holidays. I have a question for everyone, what are you going to ask for Christmas from your parents/spouses/family/friends that's mantid or animal related?

8 of them get large brand new cages, my panther mantis's will be getting 12x12x12 mesh cage. Some honey and somthing else not sure yet.

I don't even celebrate christmas (no offense intended to people who do) but I will give my mantids some honey because 'tis the season of giving and holidays. I have a question for everyone, what are you going to ask for Christmas from your parents/spouses/family/friends that's mantid or animal related?
I got 4 budwing mantis's. And not sure if i will get anything else mantid's related.

We dont do too much either. Just a little stuff. Mostly family time tho.

I wasnt planning to do anything mantid related. Although I may get my dogs some treats or something.

I'm not getting anything Mantid related for Christmas, but I am planning on buying a new shelf for my ever growing orchid mantis collection. Breeding is upon me now and I need more space for oothecca laying enclosures (and new nymphs once I have fertile oothecca) 

On a happy note, I just caught Heidi (one of my female orchids) calling! She now has a date with Flynn tomorrow. Let's hope love is in the air ❤️

I'm not getting anything Mantid related for Christmas, but I am planning on buying a new shelf for my ever growing orchid mantis collection. Breeding is upon me now and I need more space for oothecca laying enclosures (and new nymphs once I have fertile oothecca) 
I too need a shelf arrangement with storage for supplies. And an area for feeder bins.

I really can't continue with this on our dining room table.  😣

On a happy note, I just caught Heidi (one of my female orchids) calling! She now has a date with Flynn tomorrow. Let's hope love is in the air ❤️
Yeeehaaaw!  ✌️🤠

We don't give gifts with christmas.. It is more having a nice dinner together, I don't expect to get something mantis related. Maybe with my birthday ;)

They already have a 100 gallon exo terra tank decorated with Christmas stuff, what more do they want from me? I'm running out of ideas and space. Might just go simple and get a few syringes I like to have for offering water since I just pulled the last new one out of the drawer.

I asked for net cages and deli cups, as well as any mantis species I do not yet have! As a gift for myself, I just bought a pair of B. mendica from DeShawn! 

- MantisGirl13

That is adorable! I will give them some honey powder and extra climb time
Good idea! 

That is great that Heidi is calling now!!! 

I too need a shelf arrangement with storage for supplies. And an area for feeder bins.

I really can't continue with this on our dining room table.  😣
Lol :)   I recently had to upgrade my closet into all shelves because I ran out of room for mantids on the one shelf I had! 

- MantisGirl13

If I can arrange heating pads or the like, I can set them up on a shelf, in a common sitting area we have upstairs that we dont really use other than when we transit to/from our bedrooms or master bathroom. Sometimes it drops to 19°C so heating would be required for the Rhombos and the goldens.

Mios are easily kept wherever.

I don't celebrate xmas as a religious holiday, since I don't follow any religion. I usually ask for gift cards so I can buy animal and plant stuff

my mantises get winter moths, since they are invasive in NE and show up now

Latest posts