Something and Nothing

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxhill

Reaction score
Galinthias amoena  African Flower has shed successfully and seems to be the strongest of my nymphs as he will take on bugs which the others wont. It made me laugh when I was inspecting him through a magnifying glass and to my surprise and delight he jumped onto the glass which gave me a shock.  Im feeling good as they all got fed this morning and Lucy (Lucifer) the Idol had a good munch as I was still a little concerned that she looks rather weak (If you sneezed on her she would break) but the fact that she wrestled a good sized prey insect for breakfast gives me hope that she will make it to adulthood. Fingers Crossed x

Grats on the molt! Sounds like you are having fun with your mantids! I hope Lucy is ok!

- MantisGirl13

A lot of G. amoena going around N. America these days. Lots of folks enjoying theirs.

I had an opportunity for an ooth but passed. Maybe I should've went for it.

Good luck with Lucy!

Yeah hysteresis the G. amoena was a freebie from my dude here I don't think I would have chosen that one but its a good one. The first thing I noticed with it was how quickly it moves around and as I said earlier the antennae vibrate so fast. I hadn't heard of it until it arrived Galinthias     .Ill keep you posted on how it develops.  more pics coming soon Little Mantis just got a cheap macro lens clip so Ill see if I can do anything with that... Peace

Latest posts