My first Brunner babies

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaywo

Reaction score
I'm so excited to watch my first brunner nymph come out of its ooth today. I may have to go to work late just to witness a few more come out. So obsessed!

IMG_3453.jpg

Seems to have stopped with my one. Maybe they take longer? This is my first brunner hatch. Not familiar with how they hatch out.

Have any more dropped?
@hysteresis still nothing. Just the one. I may have done something not right. I'll continue to wait. My female gave me many ooths and some are still in the diapause phase so hopefully, I will get more soon. My violins are starting to come out today too. So many nymphs.

Lovely! Gongys! Congrats! How many does one expect per ooth?

I grabbed a pair and hoped to give that a try, but my female died on me.

Im really enjoying my male though, and he's got a belly full of flies!

Hopefully your brunners drop!

Last edited by a moderator:
@hysteresis thanks for the well wishes. It looks like each ooth has the potential of 4-10 nymphs. Brunner's are tricky,

The males and female violins have quite the antics. I really enjoy all my girls and boys. I have four females and one male (only allowing one or two of the females to mate) and they are all behaving well in the same environment. I'll be supervising the mating for my male and mantisgirl13's female. Fingers crossed that all goes smoothly.

Just read that Yen said the Brunner ooth takes 6-10 months for all the hatchlings to emerge! Thats crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just read that Yen said the Brunner ooth takes 6-10 months for all the hatchlings to emerge! Thats crazy.
Ya, that's what I thought! Don't they emerge a few every week until the ooth is down hatching?

- MantisGirl13

@hysteresis still nothing. Just the one. I may have done something not right. I'll continue to wait. My female gave me many ooths and some are still in the diapause phase so hopefully, I will get more soon. My violins are starting to come out today too. So many nymphs.
Congrats on the violin hatches!

- MantisGirl13

Latest posts