AZ Unicorn Mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ns22

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I haven't been on this site for almost a year so I think I missed a bit lol, but does anyone know where the best place to spot an AZ unicorn genera mantis in Arizona? I havent been able to find much detailed location info, thanks!

Hi! You are most likely going to have trouble getting a specific answer to your question. I have never been to AZ (I'm in PA) but I suggest looking in places you'd normally find mantids. Places with a lot of tall grass and leaves.

- MantisGirl13

Both nymphs and adults may be found year round amid low, dense shrubs and other vegetation.  Adults most prominently occur throughout June and July.

Distribution map is attached.  

“Praying Mantises of the United States and Canada”

https://www.researchgate.net/project/Praying-Mantises-of-the-United-States-and-Canada

P. arizonae map.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Iim heading to their range this july looking for heros and unicorns. Really hope to find some

If you go looking. Id love to hear about your trip! No need to share locations, just like hearing collecting reports.

Latest posts