Have you seen these, Mantisfly?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wasp mimics are native to my state-- I've been on the lookout since I heard of them a couple years ago. I was interested in raising them, but the larvae are parasitic and feed off spider eggs I think. Definitely interested in them though and soooo cool looking!

I've never seen them, but I've heard about them. They're pretty cool mimics!

- MantisGirl13

The wasp mimics are native to my state-- I've been on the lookout since I heard of them a couple years ago. I was interested in raising them, but the larvae are parasitic and feed off spider eggs I think. Definitely interested in them though and soooo cool looking!
Yeah, I heard they are hard to find. I think you are right, they are parasitic to spider eggs (wolfspiders, I think). They are so cute. I wish you luck in finding them. 

Yeah, I heard they are hard to find. I think you are right, they are parasitic to spider eggs (wolfspiders, I think). They are so cute. I wish you luck in finding them. 
Interesting, I have a wolf spider egg sack and could probably get more, so I wonder if I could raise them.