Parablepharis kuhlii

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5Via

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just ordered two of these beauties but couldn't really finde any caresheets for the species. I just read somewhere to keep them like orchids, does anyone know if that's true? 

I know they're fairly new to the hobby and still pretty rare, so I don't want to kill them with my stupidity. 

Just to clarify, I'm pretty confident that I can keep them alive and take good care of them, I was just hoping to get some additional information or Tips, (stuff like preferred feeders, decorations etc) like I said there's not a lot of detailed caresheets out there to compare. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone, I just ordered two of these beauties but couldn't really finde any caresheets for the species. I just read somewhere to keep them like orchids, does anyone know if that's true? 

I know they're fairly new to the hobby and still pretty rare, so I don't want to kill them with my stupidity. 

Just to clarify, I'm pretty confident that I can keep them alive and take good care of them, I was just hoping to get some additional information or Tips, (stuff like preferred feeders, decorations etc) like I said there's not a lot of detailed caresheets out there to compare. 
Those look great. Sorry I have never kept them but I'd guess they'd be kept like Phyllocrania because of the way the body structure looks.

First of all, very sorry for the late reply, I've been busy with family stuff the past couple of days. 

Those look great. Sorry I have never kept them but I'd guess they'd be kept like Phyllocrania because of the way the body structure looks.
Yeah, they remind me of Phyllocrania quite a bit, but they're from different continents and I'm not sure how closely related they are. 

Thank you, I've actually read that caresheet before ordering them and I found it quite helpful. I just wished there were more detailed, personal accounts from people who kept them, I could have sworn someone on this forum had them before, but I might be wrong. 

So far I'm doing ok-ish, one of the nymphs (L3) died a few hours after I got them, I assume from stress of shipping. 

The other one is doing fine, it wouldn't eat the first two days and I was super worried about it, but it turned out the little bugger was in pre molt. It has since eaten several hydei fruitflies and even a teryfly. 

Btw, sorry for any weird spelling, my autocorrect is driving me nuts, randomly capitalising words and switching other words with german ones, also it keeps capitalising both Letters of the word "it", I don't know if it's because of the movie or what. 

I think I remember somewhere on mantidkingdom.com saying that the females did better when given crickets and roaches as opposed to flies and other flying prey. Also, love the looks of these guys, it’s like someone took a blepharopsis, deroplatys, acanthops, and phyllocrania and just stitched them all together. 

Latest posts