Mystery Mantid

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TisRayMan

Reaction score
I'm trying to recall the name of this mantis species I came across over ten years ago.  I discovered it in an amazing close-up nature photo of its face.  It had a striking golden metallic sheen unique among mantids as far as I know, and elaborate antennae and crest.  It turned out to be a very small species, maybe 2cm in length.  Im wondering if anyone knows what species I'm referring to?  I have seen it offered before for trade in the hobby.  Eternal thanks if anyone knows!

Hmm... thanks for that guess.  It's an interesting find, and definitely golden with elaborate antennae and horn.  But the one I'm talking about in this close-up photo literally looked like it was plated in gold.  I hope this was not an example of photoshop.  This mantis looks metallic not unlike metalyticus splendidus, but solid gold and with a more typical mantis anatomy, not to mention again the striking eyes and head anatomy.  And the tiny size of course!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts