Pnigomantis dilemma

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mantisfan101

Reaction score
Ok so as of right now I have 3subadult males, 1 of which just molted yesterday and the rest are already around a month into subadult. The 2 females are in presub and just molted a week ago so they definitely got a long way to go. Is there anything I can do to ensure that I’ll be able to have a successful male and female pair? Can I do anything to slow down the growth of the males and increase growth speed for the females? I’m keeping the females consistently fat and I feed the males once every 4-5 days(yet they still stay really fat). I can’t really keep any individual warmer because they’re all sitting on top of my insect shelf and the temps stay in the lower 70s consistently. 

Keep the males cooler by about 7-8 degrees. Once the females are in late sub, warm the males back up. Feed the males every 5-6 days. Don’t over feed the females though as that can kill them. Feed the females every other day. A good size red-runner should be fine. Good luck!

Latest posts