Cambodia / Thailand / Vietnam Mantids?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lectricblueyes

Reaction score
Hello!

I have family in the SE Asian area.  Some of them are farmers who spot mantids quite often.  Until now they didn't know I collected them or that I had taken the hobby back up.  My wife is Cambodian and she has sisters/brothers/in-laws/nephews/nieces who live all over the place.  What I'd like to do is get a list of species they might find in that area of the world.  Especially anything that's a bit more rare or not so easily found in the western side of the planet.  

Is there a way to pull together a list of them or somewhere I can find mantids by country? Like a spreadsheet?

Keep in mind that if you do want to bring them to the states you’re gonna need the proper import permits and containment facilities, which can be costly and not easy to obtain. Eith that said, there’s many hierodula sp, hymenopus, creobroter, theopropus, and maybe odontomantis, tropidomantis(or other related glass mantids), helvia, odontomantis, and maybe some other hymenopodidae. Once again you will need permits to import them back to the states if you do plan on brinning some. 

Keep in mind that if you do want to bring them to the states you’re gonna need the proper import permits and containment facilities, which can be costly and not easy to obtain. Eith that said, there’s many hierodula sp, hymenopus, creobroter, theopropus, and maybe odontomantis, tropidomantis(or other related glass mantids), helvia, odontomantis, and maybe some other hymenopodidae. Once again you will need permits to import them back to the states if you do plan on brinning some. 
Who in the world acquires permits?