First shed!!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owldoggo

Reaction score
AAA I’m so happy, one of them shed already!!! And the other seems to be starting on it. 
I went to mist their enclosure and there it was, the shed clinging to the roof 

I didn’t even know they were doing it or when it happened, but I’m just so happy!! I was so worried things would go wrong early on, but here I am, literally 2 days in and with a happy mantis and a full shed. They’ll be left alone now and for the rest of the night, but I’m just!!! :D!!!!! 2D78D410-773F-4235-97DF-603751674C33.jpeg

Congrats on the first molt! It's so exciting, especially the first few times. Just wait until you actually get to witness a molt! That is definitely an edge-of-the-seat moment.

- MantisGirl13 

Congratulations!! It’s always exciting when your mantis levels up! Lol

I enjoy seeing them molt to adulthood, but these days I don’t need to see the molt. I get way too anxious! Haha! I always talk to them before they molt. (Knowing the signs will come in due time)

”Hey! You look like you’re gonna molt tonight! I will spray your enclosure one more time before bed so you can slip right on out, but take your time. I want a nice safe clean molt” haha I give a whole speech! Haha

Congrats again!

-Mino

That's great! Looking in and seeing that's happened is a pretty cool experience. . . 

Did you see the skin on the floor and think one of your mantises had died for a split second? That's what I did when one of my mantises first molted. . . then I looked up and saw the mantis, alive, on the ceiling. . . 

I will never forget my first mantis molting😁 Now I see mostly they already have done their molt. (but I still collect their skins)

Gratz on the molt.