Feeding my Mantis Water

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantis Man13

Reaction score
Is it ok to give your mantis tap water with a spritzer bottle? I have done it in the past with no issues. Or should I use a different type of water? Thanks.

Tap water usually has chemicals in it that aren't good for insects in the long run. Use bottled water like @MrGhostMantis said.

- MantisGirl13 

MantisGirl13, I read once  where u said that you feed your mantises spring water should I do that or bottle water?

What about the the chemicals from the plastic in bottled water that people say is bad?
I haven't heard that, but I've used bottled spring water for my animals, including frogs and various reptiles, for over a year without a problem.

- MantisGirl13 

8892A012-EDDF-482C-919D-1CF88500880C.png

I use bottled spring water for all of my mantids and have never lost one because of it. I did an experiment right after I got into mantids with 2 Chinese mantids where I gave one tap water and the other bottled water. The one on tap started to become lethargic after drinking tap for a few days so I pulled it off of tap, gave it honey and bottled water and all was well.

This is what I am talking about but you are saying that won’t affect the mantis?
I don't think so. I haven't had problems, and if bottled spring water is good for a frog, it will be fine for a mantis.

- MantisGirl13