Ghost ooth

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MantisMart

Reaction score
My ghost ooth has only hatched 1 mantis so far, will more come after? I’m worried only 1 will hatch

Give it some time some nymphs may come later then other if one hatched that means the ooth is viable and that more nymphs are coming. About one or two nymphs will hatch a couple hours before all of them emerge.

Unfortunately it still hasn’t hatched. At what point should I begin to worry?

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting patiently. At this point I highly doubt it will hatch unfortunately. I was so excited too. Haha. Well, we win some we loose some.

Thanks for the helpful tips and responses. If it hatches I’ll update this post.

The ooth dried out. But it was a good learning experience. I called the only hatch Ono. Since he was the only one. haha. From this point on I will only use 32-64 ounce cups with vented lids. Thanks for all the helpful comments on this post. Ill make sure to give Ono special attention. :D  

Still L2 so sorry for the low quality pics. 

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_3274.JPG

Hello everyone! Its obviously been a while but I thought I might as well update y'all on Ono!

Im not gonna lie, I meant to name her Uno but I'm an idiot and spelt it completely wrong but decided to keep it the way it is.

Anyways, here she is, https://postimg.cc/yJvzhFKB

She just molted to sub adult today and is absolutely beautiful.

She has 3 sisters and 4 brothers (From other ooths) and hopefully will be able to be a mother once she becomes adult!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts