Mantid recommendations

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nzxmUyZNKEBoqN3e

Reaction score
I was due to upgrade my Cilnia Humeralis to a large 20*20*30cm enclosure, however unfortunately she passed on. I have a new L3 spiny flower mantis (who is amazing and really active, she spends all day running round her deli pot!) but she will never grow big enough to necessitate an enclosure this large. Basically, I'm looking for a recommendation! And yes, I am very much aware that the mantis won't go in straightaway, they'll have to grow up first.

The setup I am going for is the typical jungle aesthetic, with humidities probably in the 60% range and normal room temperatures. One thing I really liked about my Humeralis is that she was a huntress; she would stalk prey from the moment that she saw it. That's something I'd like in the new mantis for sure. This probably involves quite a wide range of mantids so any particular reason why you do suggest it would be more than welcome!

I think you would enjoy a giant Asian mantis! They grow large and do well at 60% humidity and room temp

Giant Asian, Giant African, or a Rhombodera species would be perfect!

- MantisGirl13 
Thank you both! I was pretty much set on a Giant Asian already but didn't want to sway any results. 

Latest posts