APHIS Petition?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

River Dane

Reaction score
I looked into petitions for the USA, and apparently you need to acquire at least 100,000 signatures within 30 days just to get it to the White House. There, the officials will decide what to do, and will email everyone who signed their response.

So... what are the chances that we could gather enough signatures to get a petition about making it easier for the private resident to acquire the permit necessary for owning exotic insect species?

Do you think it's possible? And would you sign it if it existed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible ----anything is possible. Would I sign a petition to a regulatory agency --- not unless my life depended on it and then with reservations.

Often you get the opposite of what you are looking for when dealing with regulators. Take a look at the tropical fish industry and what the government did there over the years.

Is it possible ----anything is possible. Would I sign a petition to a regulatory agency --- not unless my life depended on it and then with reservations.

Often you get the opposite of what you are looking for when dealing with regulators. Take a look at the tropical fish industry and what the government did there over the years.
We are the epitome of a democracy (sarcasm). At least they try to make it look like it. Oh well...

Most of what you do, typically its more of a don't mention, don't tell thing. Also, this hobby is way smaller than 100,000 (from what I gathered on the forums and on facebook groups). So it would be pretty moot. Many things get really regulated very quickly. Like drones. 

Latest posts